Friday, April 29, 2011

Wedding Day

If I am going to be honest with you, I have to say that I didn't really sleep that well last night for the excitement of the royal wedding (and because I was having anxiety that my alarm would not go off to wake me at 5am!)
Thankfully my alarm clock did go off right in time to see the royal family get in their cars on the way to Westminster Abbey, and more importantly, I got that first glimpse of Catherine getting into her car in her stunning Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen dress.  I think that it was perfectly regal, elegant and fitting for the Duchess of Cambridge.  Her flowers we also very fitting for the country girl, seasonably appropriate and very endearing with the Sweet William and traditional Myrtle.
Needless to say, I have been going around all day feeling like I went to the wedding and have sported puffy eyes from all the tears that I shed this morning!

 (A lovely picture of the happy couple from Access Hollywood - includes a corner of those beautiful trees the graced the aisle of the Abbey)

(One of the balcony kisses!  Picture from the BBC)

(The bouquet!)

The perfect description of the flowers in Catherine's bouquet was on the Official Royal Wedding website:
Lily-of-the-valley – Return of happiness
Sweet William – Gallantry
Hyacinth – Constancy of love
Ivy: Fidelity; marriage; wedded love; friendship; affection
Myrtle: the emblem of marriage; love.

(The Wedding Cake, made by Fiona Cairns, was designed using the Joseph Lambert technique.  Picture from my new favorite Flickr stream - The British Monarchy)


I hope that William and Catherine had a perfect day and we wish them a life of love and happiness!
T&B x

No comments:

Post a Comment